The ARRL Handbook for Radio Communications
To use the calculator:
1. Choose the units of measurement.
2. Enter the area of one plate.
3. Enter the separation distance.
4. Enter the number of plates.
5. Select the dielectric constant.
6. Press Calculate
Capacitor with three 4-square-inch plates
The diagram shows a capacitor with three 4-square-inch plates, separated by 0.25 inches
of air. Its calculated capacitance is 7.18 picofarads
If instead of air, glass (dielectric constant 7.8) occupies the gap between the
plates, the calculated capacitance rises to 55.9 picofarads
Capacitive Reactance Calculator
Small Transmitting Loop Antenna